Monday, September 24, 2007

Apron

I love the idea of aprons and for someone who cooks so often I never wear one...I think it is partly because I have not come across something that I really like & that I associate it with something more frumpy...and I want to be anything but frumpy. So, as I have been designing clothing items and other textiles I thought about making an apron - a really pretty one that is exciting to put on and fun to wear. A friend recently remembered me mentioning that and gave me two blank ones - a white one and a black one. I designed the white one and have pictures below and it is for sale at my etsy shop.

This one is white (cotton & polyester) that I have dyed with tea (unevenly) to give a textured & layered look. The pattern on the apron I hand designed pigment ink in black and gray on the front and purple in the back. It can be worn either way (reversible).

There is a pattern on both front & back so the design can show through each side adding another dimensional layer to the piece.


I am hoping that people will find that wearing something they find beautiful be inspiring and lead to some fun cooking moments. Here are some more images:

No comments: