Saturday, June 30, 2007

The Pink Door

When I was a vendor at the Country Day Fair at the Kingsbury School last month, I met Juie Durham of the The Pink Door. The goal of The Pink Door is to be able to provide funds for screening mammography for the uninsured and underserved. On July 10, 2007, there will be a golf outing fundraiser for The Pink Door. I will be de donating a painting for the event to help raise money for mammographies.

Julie really liked my work and is looking to also sell my notecards and hire me to do designs in the store as well.

I hope my works out and brings more people in to raise awareness and funds. UPDATE: Met with Julie this week and there is much more she would like me to involved in - as we figure out the details I will post the new relationship and work to come from it (involves both my art/design & food)- It is very exciting!

In addition, I am thinking that the women of the Pink Door might really enjoy having a designing party - where they get to embellish & style their own clothing. So perhaps as we build Svasara, Inc. (the design company Doris & I are building together) - we can have these women have a party - fun and creative times together...

UPDATE: Donated painting ----

Untitled 40; 16" x 12"

No comments: