Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Fundraising for Charities

I am behind in my posts and plan to put up my new work here by the end of the month (but it is at my online shop)

…in the meantime, I have a quick post because I am so excited about the results of a charity event that took place tonight in NYC: Sensi - to benefit Meir Panim - an organization which offers aid to those living below the poverty line in Israel through programs such as soup kitchens, free lunch programs and vocational training. Unfortunately, one in every third child lives below the poverty line. Relief Centers in Israel provide the needy, regardless of background, with a comprehensive group of social service programs located across the country. I was informed that the art I donated raised $1200 for the organization & 100% of the sale of the will go to the charity. The event had 100 pieces of art and you can see all the wonderful works donated at the site: www.sensi6.org Here is the piece I donated to Sensi:

Untitled 28: 30' x 40" acrylic and flower petals on canvas

There is another benefit for SAYA that will be held on May 23 in NYC at the Altman Building - I am donating the below art for this event:
Untitled 37: 18" x 14" acrylic & ink on canvas


No comments: