Sunday, April 06, 2008

Commissioned Art: Celestial


Here are two new pieces that I was commissioned to do --- something that reminded me of her. My first image when she spoke to me about doing the work was something blue and celestial with birds. The works change more than some of other work because of the amount and type of iridescent paint I have used - I wanted to get the effect of how the sky really look so different depending on the light, so very magical and lovely...so above and below are two images keeping in mind that there are many more:

Untitled 69
Series of 2 (12" x 36" each)
acrylic on canvas


It has been sometime where I have painted images not my work the are somewhat representative of anything. I used to do a lot of birds and it was nice to feel that in my hand as I painted these. I love birds. I was thinking of this feeling while I was driving and noticed how many more birds were out...maybe because it is warm and springlike here. Here in Michigan there are so many different kinds that it makes me so happy as my imagination just goes...

here are the two of the birds closeup:



No comments: